Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
lioness501 said:
a goldfish that eats danios???
Only if the tank is small or the danios were unable to escape due to illnesses, stress, etc.
tom14 said:
i thought hilstram loaches liked lots of current but roud bodied goldfish dont. well i guess it is another bad pet shop?
Yes and no. If the demand for hillies is quite high, then it will be very fortunate that the hillies will be able to escape the dirty water created by goldfish but unfortunate when they ended up to a beginner's uncycled tank or someone who neglects the tank a lot. Most fish stay in the pet stores for short periods before they are chosen by the customers. The other disadvantage is that some people will only think that as both require cooler waters, they will think that it is alright but it is not in my opinion right to mix a big waste producer with a fish that often likes clean water better.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
musho3210 said:
higher is bad for goldfish
Most goldfish are quite tolerant enough to high temperatures. The only thing we wish to avoid is increasing their metabolism rate and oxygen depletion which unfortunately most goldfish will not tolerate quite easily. The higher the temperature, the faster the metabolism rate is which quite easily allows the water quality to slump fast enough to damage the goldfish itself and the rest of the fish if the water is not maintained on regular basis.

By the way, I am referring to their survival rate. They can survive but we do not wish those two things to happen when we are keeping goldfish in our tanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.