Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one glow fish’s bottom lip looks like it is almost detached and it kind of looks like it may be a disease but all my other fish are fine. All of his fins are intact so I don’t think it’s from him being picked on I am open to any advice on what you think this may be or if there’s anyway I can help him He can’t eat and I feel like he’s suffering

·
Banned
Tropical Fish
54 Posts
Thats the worst "defected" fish I have ever seen! Poor little fishy.... I recommend you try to separate the fish into a small container filed with freshwater so it doesn't get picked on. You could try to feed it with chopsticks or something there. I don't think that fish will suddenly become a normal fish or anything so it might be best to keep him in the container for good. Here is how to set one up. (It's basically a quarantine tank but with more enrichment)

Step 1. Get a plastic container
Step 2. Fill the container with some gravel and decoration, since the fish will probably be there for good it needs some enrichment (Rinse the gravel and decor first)
Step 3. Use some of the water from your other tank and some regular bottled water or de-chlorinated tap water. Also consider adding a little bit of beneficial bacteria.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He died the next day. I have no idea what happened to him. I had this fish for months and he was totally fine? All my other fish look fine I’m just so stumped on what could have happened to him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts