Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time since a post from me..

Anywho.. life has put me back into a place i can start getting back into the hobby again. I have had the tank set up for about 3 months now with 4 corys that have since been transferred to a friends tank.

They were transferred due to me deciding to get a pair of GBR. Looking into them before hand and doing my research, I kept finding forum posts about bad, inbred stock that would die within a few days to months after transplanting them into the aquarium. However, most of these posts were from some 4 or 5 years ago.

They have been in the tank now for about 3 or 4 hours and seem to be happy, curiously and ever looking around the tank and checking things out. No heavy breathing like what I have read about etc. Even had an appetite after about 30 minutes (granted, they are smaller, >1 to an inch, and seem to take some of the flakes, "chew" it for a second and spit it out, but will seem to keep smaller pieces)

So my question(s), is the bad stock/inbred issue still around with these fish, or is it hit an miss?? Also, is the spitting of the food out semi normal? Or are they perhaps being picky about what they are being fed?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts