Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks!

I actually might be able to take pictures now, sort of. I got a new phone (Nexus 4) and it does panoramic pictures however I haven't tried taking them off the phone to see how they look. They're put together in the shape of a sphere, rather than flat. Maybe I'll do that today!

Not sure how well it will work. Cell phone cameras suck, but I don't have a wide angle lens for my DSLR to take good ones. The distance between the tank and the opposite wall is only a couple feet, can't get back far enough to get more than just a small section of the tank.

I could do videos, but I always feel awkward when there is no sound and all you hear is my breathing =p

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Thanks!

I actually might be able to take pictures now, sort of. I got a new phone (Nexus 4) and it does panoramic pictures however I haven't tried taking them off the phone to see how they look. They're put together in the shape of a sphere, rather than flat. Maybe I'll do that today!

Not sure how well it will work. Cell phone cameras suck, but I don't have a wide angle lens for my DSLR to take good ones. The distance between the tank and the opposite wall is only a couple feet, can't get back far enough to get more than just a small section of the tank.

I could do videos, but I always feel awkward when there is no sound and all you hear is my breathing =p
Pop them onto YouTube and overlay audio, nature sounds work well.

Jeff.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Well here is how the panoramic turned out. Definitely a very odd perspective when so close ;) Gives 'fish bowl' a whole new meaning hehe.

I had just cleaned out the floating plants the week before, so they haven't grown back yet. I do a deep purge of them every few weeks because they over run the place and the plants below get very little light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts