Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I thought I had a pic of mine in my saltwater pics. I have a 4 footer. I adore it. I worry all the time about it as it is gorgeous. Do know that they will escape from almost any tank. You must have a full canopy or don't even try it. Mine eats copepods and leftovers late at night. I've had it for almost a year. I've had the plain white one, swam through my overflows into my sump and met my skimmer. I've had the banded one and it found the powerhead in the tank... I now have had the big guy for a year with no problems. He is alsoa banded eel. These are also known as snake head eels. They need a DSB as they will bury themselves during the day. I say nothing less than a 75g 4' tank.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike i dident know that was a garden eel.
garden eels dont reach 4 feet :?
im talking about these
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=123&N=0
They reach 1 foot and even though live aquaria says they need a 100 gallon tank i would keep one in a 30.
the reason i am asking about garden eels is because i was looking at the diversden yesterday and they had this orange striped garden eel and it was so good looking it made me think about not doing a 15 gallon
And by the way things arent looking good for my saltwater tank,I talked to current and the people i bought the fixture from and i wont beable to get a new one because i dont have the original box. also there was a theif in my house the other day so im down 100+ dallors so my future salty tank isent looking good :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.