Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My platy went extremely thin and had a little white spot after giving birth that then grew a bit like cotton wool. Then a long weird thing was hanging from her side (first picture). I treated the water with fungus medicine but some more came. Now I see her doing a poo out of her side (second photo). Is it a kind of worm and how do I get rid? I had some tetras and all those have died mysteriously. I thought maybe they felt the tank is over crowded now these babies have arrived but I’m not sure.
what do I do?
Water Plant Underwater Organism Yellow
Plant Organism Pet supply Wood Fish supply

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys yeah she died. Seemed to be picking up a bit and doing quite well but then saw a shrimp eating her so got rid. Got some parasite medicine called prazipro but waiting for it to be shipped from US. as I couldn’t really find any shrimp friendly stuff over here in the uk. Hope it comes soon. Don’t want any more sufferers.

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
430 Posts
Thats unfortunate. Hopefully your tank doesn't have a parasitic breakout.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think that you're infected with parasites. A parasite is an organism that lives in organism and gets its food from or at the expense of its host. Parasitic infections can be spread in a number of ways. For example, some of them can be spread through contaminated water, food, waste, soil, and blood. Some can be passed through sexual contact. Some parasites are spread by insects that act as a vector, or carrier, of the disease. First of all, take antiparasitic medicines. From my own experience, I would recommend you to try pure niclosamide powder. Here you can see this med in a powder form which is extremely convenient because you can easily mix it with water or food. You can also find all instructions here, how much and when to take it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts