Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone thought would be good to keep with a stingray i have a motoro ray and was thinking maybe parrot fish any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Not the parrot fish.:blueshake: Besides being hybrid, they may attack each other with the stingray. As cichlids, it's not easy to predict their actual behavior and you'll end up treating a wounded fish if they did attack.:roll:

I suggest large shoaling fish like tinfoil barbs(only if your tank is quite large).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Freshwater rays are very gentle, and though they can get very large (the Motoro will eventually need at least 400 gallons), they are quite delicate. I suggest any docile fish that hangs around the middle-top of the tank (schooling fish, gourami, anything without a territorial streak).

·
Registered
656 Posts
Parrot fish would do just fine with most rays.

Ive seen lots of bichirs, gars, pbass, barbs, sa/asian catfish, dats, numerous geophagus species, black or african arows. I could go on and on here. What size tank are you planing on getting and what is the angle you want with the tank? That would help narrow it down a lot.

·
Banned
750 Posts
Sakai Michiba said:
Freshwater rays are very gentle, and though they can get very large (the Motoro will eventually need at least 400 gallons), they are quite delicate. I suggest any docile fish that hangs around the middle-top of the tank (schooling fish, gourami, anything without a territorial streak).
I agree. They will need a large tank.

I have seen them with discus and also angels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sakai Michiba said:
Be careful with species of gourami, Snakeskins and Honeys can definitely be territorial. I recently got rid of a snakeskin that claimed 3/4ths of my 55 as his own, and wouldn't let anyone else in that side of the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts