Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four bettas and I use to feed them flakes. I just recently started feeding them freeze dried bloodworms. I feed them 3 to 4 blood worms on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I don't feed them anything else. Am I under feeding them and should I feed them something other then just bloodworms?

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

A good staple diet for a betta is pellets. Hikari Bio Gold is a good one easily found in most pet stores. I feed mine 3 in the morning and again at night. I also feed frozen brine shrimp or frozen blood worms a few times a week in place of regular food. Frozen Daphnia is good once in a while for their digestion.

If you use freeze dried worms, soak them in some tank water to rehydrate them first before feeding.

There is no reason that you have to skip days of feeding your fish as long as you don't overfeed in the first place. A lot of people fast their bettas for one day to give them a chance to clean out their system. I've never done that but it won't hurt your fish if you do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your response. I am a first time betta caregiver and information will help. I love my bettas and I want to do what's best for them. Going to the pet store today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts