Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

My pal Slurpy is a clown loach, about 4 inches or so:

I did a little research recently to discover that he needs a bigger tank (we have only 20 gallon) and he would be happier with other loaches.

I love this little guy dearly, and will only give him away to a home where I think he's going to have a great life. If you have a setup that meets the following criteria, please contact me to arrange adoption:

- one or more clown loaches
- big tank 75 or more
- lots of love
- within a few hours drive of Jersey City, NJ
- willing to let me see the setup, share pictures, etc. to give me confidence that it's going to be a great spot for him.

Also once Slurpy is gone we'll have a 20 gallon tank with a brand new filter and some other accessories to give away for free-- obviously dibs goes to the person providing the new home for Slurpy.

Thanks for reading!

Owen

·
Registered
38 Posts
about slurpy

Hi there!

My pal Slurpy is a clown loach, about 4 inches or so:

I did a little research recently to discover that he needs a bigger tank (we have only 20 gallon) and he would be happier with other loaches.

I love this little guy dearly, and will only give him away to a home where I think he's going to have a great life. If you have a setup that meets the following criteria, please contact me to arrange adoption:

- one or more clown loaches
- big tank 75 or more
- lots of love
- within a few hours drive of Jersey City, NJ
- willing to let me see the setup, share pictures, etc. to give me confidence that it's going to be a great spot for him.

Also once Slurpy is gone we'll have a 20 gallon tank with a brand new filter and some other accessories to give away for free-- obviously dibs goes to the person providing the new home for Slurpy.

Thanks for reading!

Owen
Sorry to hear that you want to give up your clown loach. I also have clown loaches in my tank (29 gal.) . I have 4 ranging from 3 down to 1 1/2 in. long, they are very happy because they have each other. You really dont need to give him up just yet , at the growing rate you could keep him maybe 1 more year, maybe then you will be able to get a bigger tank. I do know that once they reach about 5-6 inches with multipe loaches in the tank you would need about a 125 at the smallest. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the well-wishes. I actually found a home for him and just handed him over yesterday. He's going to live with someone that's really into loaches and has about 10 of them, in a 75-gallon tank for now (soon upgrading to 120). I think he'll be really happy there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Clown loach in NJ/NY

Thanks for the well-wishes. I actually found a home for him and just handed him over yesterday. He's going to live with someone that's really into loaches and has about 10 of them, in a 75-gallon tank for now (soon upgrading to 120). I think he'll be really happy there.
Glad to hear your loach has a good home and a nice size group of other loaches to live with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts