Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this really small fountain that just sits on a little bowl and managed to pry the tiny little pump out of there. im not really sure how much it will pump but if it helps it says 2 watt on one side. im sure theres some use for it inmy aquarium so if anyone has a use please tell me!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
If you have pictures of that pump, it could help.:) It sounds like a powerhead to me.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
It does look like a powerhead to me.:squint: To be safe, I'd try it in the pail. Have you test run(lol..not the car.:mrgreen: ) it already?:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
blueblue48 said:
yeah i test ran it and it isnt a power definatly not. because the part that sucks water in isnt like a tube, plus it was in a fountain. could i use it as a power head?
If that is powerful, not in a small tank. Your fish would probably end up being swept around by the currents it makes.:shake: Best not to use it as it may be not be designed for a powerhead.:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.