Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls, I just tried to load up tropicalfishkeeping.com when I got this on my screen:

Not really sure what it is, but looks like an ad with a virus? Just thought I'd give a heads up. I might not be posting this in the right place so apologies if I'm not.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Ugh! Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Will bring it up to Admin tonight in our meeting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh! Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Will bring it up to Admin tonight in our meeting.
your welcome! isnt it funny how ive been here less than a day and im already finding viruses!? i think viruses are actually attraceted to me. but thanks for doing something about it!

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
your welcome! isnt it funny how ive been here less than a day and im already finding viruses!? i think viruses are actually attraceted to me. but thanks for doing something about it!
I've been around since 2009 and haven't seen one yet. Kind of strange if you think about it.

Do you have Adblocker installed?

·
Administrator
1,332 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Kieranfish. We constantly scan the site for virues/malware and nothing came up today. It's very possible that your anti-virus software is seeing something in an ad and/or an image that isn't a virus/malware but is picking it up that it is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@Romad- Nope, i do not have adblocker installed, i need to get i though. And yeah like i say, viruses are definitely attracted to me.
@Admin_Yungster- Yeah that doesn't surprise me. It finds adware where there is none. I have avg, McAfee and Microsoft security essentials. The only thing to have picked it up was the Microsoft security essentials so yes it probably was it falsely identifying viruses. Sorry for any inconvenience. I'm running a full virus scan on my computer to see what comes up, if anything.

EDIT:

Hi again guys, i ran a scan and it found only 1 threat which is less than usual.

That was Trojan.exe or something like that but that wasn't from this site. However upon checking my history in Microsoft Security essentials is said it found Exploit:JS/Fiexp.C
As seen in the image below:

imgurl

The image shows that the virus was found on this site. I just thought I'd let you know exactly what it found. Just so other users can know its just Microsoft security essentials.

Sorry to keep bugging you guys about this. But it's bugging me :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts