Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All:

I'm sending this only so it's on the record should anyone else have problem with this person. I'm not asking that you guys step in; just want you to be aware. A solution has been reached which I suggested since a few plants might recover.

BTW, after all the emails about the Betta racks, Gary has decided he has a use for them. :roll:

Thanks so much,

Linda

I purchased the rest of Aluka's Downoi. When they arrived they were almost completely melted. $60.00 shot. She mailed them late Wednesday which was just like mailing Thursday; so they spent the weekend with the USPS and didn't get here until Monday.

When I told her, she tried to place the blame on me and said I should have asked for Post Office pickup. Her reasoning was they melted while out for delivery. Unfortunately for her reasoning, they spent less than three hours on the truck and were delivered into my hands; no sitting outside.

Her first reponse was, inessence, "Sorry, but too bad for you. It's your fault so no refund."

Being diplomatic, I suggested that the least she should do is split the $$. She didn't reply; however, on another forum she asked for opinions saying she didn't feel it was her place to offer a refund.

To sum their replies: She owed me a refund; several said a full. After the replies, she refunded less than half of the $60 (which was a fair price if Downoi had been as pictured).

So I'm out $34 for mostly dead plants; but that's my fault as I'm the one who suggested we share the loss. I could have filed a complaint with PayPal, but the ill feelings and possible animosity on this forum that would create are not rworth it. As a matter of fact, she and I have a pleasant relationship after this.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I can spare a crown or two of downoi soon if you pay shipping... maybe that will make you feel better?

Some people simply do not know how to ship plants....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
How should one ship plants? Maybe we need a thread on that... maybe it's in the Ref area already... Ooops?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Aokashi, for such a generous offer. Gary and I are leaving this coming week and will be gone a month. I'm afraid we would be gone when they arrived.

I'm really not upset. I was a bit taken aback by her attitude that it was somehow my fault but I got over it. Life's too short to stay upset over something so minor in the scheme of things. And, she and I have had some pleasant PMs since. "Everything is copacetic" as my Dad would say. :)

Besides, I think the sellers on The Planted Tank kind of took the wind out of her sails.

Thanks so much. I appreciate you guys and the often thankless job you've taken on.

Linda

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
haha, I've seen some wierd posts in TPT... there was a guy yesterday who claimed plants should be shipped in water with a cold pack....

always check the sellers feedback. Sometimes its worth it to buy plants that are a tad more expensive but arrive in spectaular condition.

I bought some r. mini sp butterflies off this guy on TPT who is famous for being able to keep his plants bright pink. Shipping was delayed but the delicate things arrived 5 days later fresher than any of my plants right out of the tank.

Speaking of downoi....I think persmart now sells them in their tissue culture pkgs...

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right about weird posts and you're right about feedback. I always check it out. I think I've bought my last plants from any site where I can't see feedback.

I also saw the guy on TPT who said cold packs and either 1/4 or 1/2 cup of water. Geesh; they'll either freeze or boil. :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think so, too. And when to ship. The other thing that I believe is important: Many sellers ask that money be sent as a "gift" so they don't have to pay any fees. The problem is if a dispute arises you are SOL because there wasn't a transaction.

Also, some sellers give two prices: PayPal "Gift" and PayPal "Goods." This is against PayPal policy. They want the seller to pay all the fees. A seller should incorporate the PayPal fees in the selling price (per PayPal).

According to PayPal's Customer Service, if you send a "gift" payment for goods, you are in essence defrauding PayPal and your account will be suspended. Also, if PayPal is funded by a credit card instead of a bank account, the buyer pays the fees.

Maybe a "How to Buy" sticky?

According to PayPal, a buyer is entitled to a refund if items bought are not items received; and it doesn't matter why because a buyer has "Buyer Protection." They even have a place to dispute plant purchases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts