Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you keep a successful nano reef with the LEDs that it comes with?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have a friend who has a tiny edge with sexy shrimp a goby and a carpet anemone but it has only been setup for about 6 or 7 weeks and I am really unsure of the lights PAR.You might be able to keep some mushrooms and maybe some other softies but to answer you question I am unsure it is enough for a full reef.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on doing mushrooms, zoas, gsp, tree coral, maybe a duncan or a hammer. Or would it be better to just do I nano planted? Or maybe a shell dweller tank?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I usually recommend pico salt water tanks for advanced salt water enthusiast as things can change fast and you will most likely have to use a chemical filtration such as chemi pure elite,GFO, or phosgaurd mixed with carbon to achieve success not to mention some good old water changes.On that note I like fluval planted shrimp tanks alot but I do also like nano zoa gardens.I suppose I am not helping with the decision making here,maybe some one else will chime in.I wish I could get a PAR reading on one of those little edge LEDs,just to put my mind at rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts