Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Would the fulval 125 litre tank with a large external filter support cichlids? If so how many and of what type. I am very new to fish keeping but always wanted them.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there
Would the fulval 125 litre tank with a large external filter support cichlids? If so how many and of what type. I am very new to fish keeping but always wanted them.
Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,

It depends what kind of cichlids you mean. They are a very large family of fish containing many species. Some are as small as 1" and some can grow to 30lb monsters. I have one of the fluval 125s with a 35 litre sump filter. I bought it 2nd hand from a friend who had it set up purely for Mbuna cichlids. It was a well stocked and beautifully running tank for quite a while, so its certainly fine up to that kind of size cichlid. Bigger species though and I'm not so sure. I personally love dwarf cichlids especially shell dwellers from Africa and the South American apistogrammas. All the cichlid behaviour traits in tiny packages. Good luck with whatever you stock it with.

Cheers

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts