Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a school of Glass Cats and Otos, and I bought this cute Tiki Hut about a month ago, but since I bought it, all my fish hide out in it, then come out only at night, which kinda sucks because I have a 37 gallon tank that no one is swimming in, and at night when I shine any light to see if they are out, they scatter. I'm kinda thinking it's a mixture of 2 things.

I've read that they are not nocturnal, but they like low light, which doesn't work with my plants, I've read, they like really planted tanks, which I am slowly doing, and read that some tips where floating plants that slightly hide the light would help too. I've also read that if I have more glass cats. I have the minimum school of 5, because I didn't have room for more in my 10 gallon, then I moved them over, and the rest of my fist have died, so I want to buy more glass cats, but if they are all just going to hide out in the hut, that's a waste of tank. :/

Does anyone have any tips on what floating plants I should get, and any tips on how to get my glass cats to swim in the day type, in the light?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I kept these some years ago but to my knowledge nothing has changes. Glass Cats like some plants but not full coverage. They should be setup with some rock pile coverage on one end of the tank, an open swimming area some type of device like an HOB on the opposite end from the rocks and a moderate current allowing them to swim upstream / stay put in the current. I ever used floating plants with them but know if they aren't afforded the above they will be extremely stressed and won't last long.

You set them up like a stream or Darter tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.