Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a table i have made after researching all different types of fish i have come up with this.

1/2 inch = 1/2 inch Per 1/2 - 1/4 Gallon (this is mostly for the smaller tetras)

1 inch = 1 inch Per 1 Gallon

2 inch = 1 inch Per 1 Gallon

3 inch = 1 inch Per 2 Gallon

4 inch = 1 inch Per 4 Gallons

5 inch = 1 inch Per 5 Gallons

6 - 9 inch = 1 inch Per 6 Gallons

10 - 14 inch = 1 inch per 10 Gallons

15 +++ inch = 200 + Gallons

Each one of these is PER fish
This also depends on the fish species.

Example: Oscars only need about 60 - 80 gallons EACH but a pacu needs 150 + gallons each for the size of them. And although the table says oscars need 120 gallons they really wont mind that ether. Remember start with the biggest tank you can afford and go from there, Even if it means you cant get your Pacu :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good job! :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I could I suppose...but others have done good jobs...

I just wish one of the big petstores would 'take up the cause'...

...or if someone came up with an attractive or somehow innovative betta tank...5 gallons or more...maybe we'd see some change...

...oh yeah...and outlaw the use of bettas in a bowl for weddings...what a horrifying centerpiece...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Rue said:
...oh yeah...and outlaw the use of bettas in a bowl for weddings...what a horrifying centerpiece...
I didn't know that.:shock2:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Rue said:
I could I suppose...but others have done good jobs...

I just wish one of the big petstores would 'take up the cause'...

...or if someone came up with an attractive or somehow innovative betta tank...5 gallons or more...maybe we'd see some change...

I guess I didn't read all of this. I don't get the wedding part. I do feel sorry for them in those tiny bowls, but I wouldn't give them a 55 either maybe a 5 or 10 gallon tank.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I do get what Rue meant though. She meant to say that the fishbowls filled with bettas are used as part of decorations during the wedding receptions. Oh how I hate that part.:shake:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I do find the chart a little confusing.

If I am reading this right, to have 5 angels you need 125 gallon tank, the same with 5 BN pleco, correct? Each getting to 5 inches in length. Not questioning the table, it could be very useful. Just a little clarification for me I guess.

I know this isn't neccesarily what you have to do either, I just really want to make sure I am reading the table right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts