Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pondering about this for quite some time. What if we made a chat room that is closed when not in use so no unneeded use, But lets say for a certain time. Lets say 5-8pm EST Every M/T/W.
So every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at 5-8pm EST. We have members go to lets just say fishkeeping101.chatango.com. Then all of the attending members sit in the chatroom while our most active and trusted members throw in ideas and helpful tips. Each week, for those 3 days we focus on one thing. So for week 1, Starting a tank, then cycling and so on.

I think it would be beneficial to starting members, and then the members could even follow through each week.
Like this but online: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium/teaching-fish-keeping-class-129212/

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Chat is like a whisper in the wind in that the information is lost shortly after it's typed. We are looking at expanding the articles section to cover topics like this that will stand the test of time and ultimately serve many more people.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
True. The problem I have with chat is that by the time I have typed a follow-up to someone else's post/question, there will be 2, 3 or more other posts intervening. I find it frustrating, hence I very rarely go into chat.;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts