Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Joe, you need to cycle the tank first although you may make a plan in advance on what you like.
Angelfish do come in several variants. It does not matter what strain you choose. Same applies to dwarf gouramis.
As for hatchets, pls remember to buy cover glasses as hatchets will jump.
As for pencilfish, they should be ok with angelfish but ensure the pencils will fully mature by the time the angelfish reach adult stage to prevent predation.
I wouldn't put panda cories for awhile(even after cycling has finished). They are delicate cories and you'll have to wait unless tank reaches by 4-6 months.

·
Registered
83 Posts
also please note that those pics where taken with a very good camera so your angels wont look like that ;)

but other than that angels need 10 gal of water EACH and hatchets you will never see if you have a hood that covers the top part of the tank, and your gourmai seams to be tricky to keep.

·
Registered
620 Posts
There just trying to give you all of the help needed. If your not new than you should already have what you are positive that is going in the tank already done. Good luck :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
the water goes over a filter sock. Angels need ALOT of room and they will fight for it, so I recommend either a few aggressive/medium size fish or small nice fish. and a PLECO :)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
For a 4 feet tank with 18 inches height, 8 angelfish will fit in already. 6 will if there are other fish available.
Joe, I'd say for tetras, you choose deep-bodied ones like the diamond tetras(Moenkhausia pittieri). Slim-bodied ones like neons risk being eaten once the angels reach adult size.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok here are the fish iam getting from the help of blue :D 2-3xanglefishs 4-5xBleeding Heart Tetra4-5xHarlequin Rasboras 4xDiamond Tetras 2xHoney Dwarf Gouramis 6-10xPencilfishs

and these fish wont be added at one time! ok that 52 not counting the pencilfishes

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
52? how did you come up with that? i dont count 52 fish...that would be alot i think...=)

bri

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Measurements aren't that accurate.
Joe, if I adjust your stocking plan, here's the outcome:
8 Harlequin Rasboras
8 Diamond Tetras
8 Bleeding Hearts
3 Angelfish
2 Honey Gourami(pair)
10 pencilfish

8 is more preferable than 6. Of course, it's better to stock in this way: more numbers, less species than more species, less numbers.

You don't have bottom dwellers yet?
Choices:
Bristlenose
Otos
Sterbai cories(Katherine73 will love you for this):tongue:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
joeshmoe said:
i can stock 8 ididnt think i could that many in ?
Yes, you can. Consider that the tetras are just 2 inches in size and another thing, they don't poo too much(which I'll throw the goldfish to the bin
).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.