Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we have lost four Guppies in short succession, three of our pygmy corydoras passed away today. One looked like half it's tail was missing and one had a bit of a milky eye. The other fish don't seem to be doing as well and I've noticed the snails look to be mostly dead. We've done a big water change as the Nitrite had gone up to 0.5 I've also added stability and some aquarium salt. I have noticed that the other fish have rapid breathing so have added an air stone to see if that helps as I'm wondering if there's a slight lack of oxygen. They seem to have perked up a wee bit with that however they do seem to be gulping more. Is there anything else we need to do? I'm not sure if adding the four guppies meant there was less oxygen in the tank (they ended up skimming the surface at the end)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fish. You said you had a reading for nitrites so you have a mini cycle going on or if it's a fairly new tank it's
not fully cycled yet. Continue with extra water changes. Can you give us some details on your tank? How big is the tank, how many and what type of fish, how long has it been set up, what are the test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts