Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my female guppies, mollies, and comets like to swim realy fast up and down my aquarium's corner. is this regular behavior? my mollies and comets like to bite the tails of my guppies and tetras. i think thats a bad thing. my male guppy is like swimming at the top of the aquarium and hardly going deeper... is that bad? i had a female guppy that died a day after being put into the aquarium. it had hard time staying stable and had gunk in her mouth. she didnt open her mouth and stuff. i think thats the disease that i forget its name. one of my comet has lost like 4 of its fin; the dorsal the anal fins and the ones in front of the anal fins. will they grow back? can anyone tell me if any of this behavior and conditions are normal? thanks.

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmm thanks that helped alot. mm the temp is about 76-82 degrees. mmm the comet...hmmm i got it from a craft fair hehe. i think it is the goldfish kind. ummm ok ill get a water test kit pronto this weekend. i do water changes 25% once a week. what else should i do with a very small budget and small experience with fish. thanks alot =D merry christmas!!

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tank stats are

15 Gallon
4Neon Tetras
2Fancy Guppies M/F
2Mollies M/F
2Comets

i seperated the comets into a 5 gallon tank and the male molly. i left the rest in the 15 gallon tank. the tank has been up for a couple of weeks. ill do a water test as soon as i can and will post it. thanks for your insights.

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well there is one plant... i forget the name ill show you a pic of it. yeah the filter has carbon and a bio wheel. yes i want to return the comets i got from the craft fair. theyll take them right? ill take a test this weeekend and give you the parameters as soon as i can. thanks for the help. i will try my best to help these fish survive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.