Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I agree having a heater or two just in case would be a good idea. It looks like you have lots of open space so the sun might warm the water up during them day. And if my memory is right water holds the heat longer so the water might not get to 55 degrees but heaters are cheap and easy to add.

I don't know much about sting rays but I hear they are pretty heavy eaters so they would require more food then a oscar.

Cyrtocara Moorii are nice I and will get 7-9" so a nice size for the pond.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ive added some Greshakei, electric yellow and blue dolphin cichlids. Added some indian glassfish and tiger barbs. Also a few iridiscent sharks. Living together in harmony with koi turtles and plecos!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally added the UV sterilizer to the sump and my water is crystal clear now! Gonna do a full clean on Sunday morning get all the dead algae out, add more cichlids- some demasoni and post pictures!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well the pond is almost done! All thats left now is to paint the walls and add some more fish.

my list of fish till now: (will post pictures soon as i just got the gopro)

100 guppy
80 tiger barbs
4 Clown Featherback
4 Rock Salamanders
20 yellow lab cichlids
8 pairs each of Mbuna, hongi, jewel, convict, green terror, demasoni, Red shoulder parrot, Azul blue, OB Peacock, Cobalt cichlids
11 Blue dolphin cichlids
24 Iridescent Shark
12 Koi
3 Fancy Goldfish
8 Red eared sliders
2 Indian roofed turtles
8 Leopard plecos

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts