Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from work today and saw this little guy walking around. I didn’t even know any of my shrimp had eggs. Upon further inspection I found 3 more hiding in the Java moss!! Hopefully there are some more hidden in there!

·
Registered
1 Betta fish in a quarantine tank. 1 Mystery Snail, 5 Adult Trapdoor Snails in 3 gal. In Description
123 Posts
YAAYYY! Congrats! In case you didn't happen to know they will "Regulate" their population so you don't have to worry about that. However, sometimes they will cannibalize their young so unless your tank is super under-stocked I recommend you separating enough of the babies so they don't want to cannibalize the young because they think their aren't very many.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YAAYYY! Congrats! In case you didn't happen to know they will "Regulate" their population so you don't have to worry about that. However, sometimes they will cannibalize their young so unless your tank is super under-stocked I recommend you separating enough of the babies so they don't want to cannibalize the young because they think their aren't very many.
That’s a good tip thanks, I’ve only counted 4 over the last couple days so I’m not sure if maybe some had already been “ dispatched “ or not. From what I understand they have about 20-30 babies so I guess we will see. My tank is planted pretty thick so if there are more they could be anywhere. I had 12 shrimp in my 20 gallon so I don’t think they’re crowded.

·
Registered
1 Betta fish in a quarantine tank. 1 Mystery Snail, 5 Adult Trapdoor Snails in 3 gal. In Description
123 Posts
Sometimes they are to small to see and/or the rest didn't hatch yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts