Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello,
I would take some caution with Black Widow Tetras and Gouramis. In large groups they can be less nippy, but sometimes they can be a bit peckish. I have had a school of 8 tetras with honey gouramis and I had to move the gouramis as their feelers kept getting nipped off. This is just my experience. Someone else may have had a different experience.

I would personally expand the cori schools and loach (yoyo loaches are also nippers) schools more. Cories are highly social, when you have a larger school they are more comfortable, live longer and will be easier to see and enjoy. I also strongly advise adding sand as substrate. Cories will have a hard time with gravel, they have naturally evolved to live and dig in sand. You can get cheap play sand at the hardware store.

Your aquascape is very lovely. I like the mix of color.

I hope this helps :)

~Natalie

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree with Jaysee it isn't too bad to switch. You just need to bite the bullet and tackle it. I personally layer my substrate. I have some gravel below and sand above.

With cories it goes beyond their preferences. If cories live on gravel they will most likely damage their barbels which can lead to stress and health problems. Millions of years of evolution created wonderful little shovels and digging tools specialized for sand. It can't really be reversed or disregarded for our leisure. With your planted tank I am sure they are very happy fish, why not make them happier :D

~Natalie :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.