2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0.25
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 0
d. pH, KH and GH? 6.5, 40 and 120
e. Test kit? API ammonia test kit, API 5 in 1 test strips

3. Temperature? 78 - 80

4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW

5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 5 days. It hasn't cycled yet but I couldn’t see leaving him in an unheated, unfiltered bowl any longer.

6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 1 male betta. He’s been with us in the office for 2 years. Been home with me for 4 months.

7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No

8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Several live plants, java ferns, anacharis, moneywart, 3 moss balls
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel on top of fluval stratum
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? One rock, a floating log and a piece of driftwood from my LFS.

9. a. Filtration? 3-stage mechanical, chemical and biological filtration
b. Heater? Yes, fixed at 78 degrees

10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 7000 K high-output LED For 12 hours, not on a timer yet
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No

11. a. Water change schedule? Every other day, 20% water change
b. Volume of water changed? 20%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Seachem prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? haven't as yet

12. Foods? In the office dehydrated bloodworms and betta biogold pellets
In my home, betta formula bug bites daily and frozen brine shrimp every 3 days
How often are they fed?

13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? He sometimes just hangs by the filter as in the one pic below. And the dark discoloring
b. Appearance of poop? I think I saw some poop on a plant, so I believe he has normal input/output
c. Appearance of gills? They look dull

14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No
b. What meds were used?

15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad he's not in a bowl anymore like the last time we had this discussioin! Perfect job with the 5 gallon tank. Have you been doing the salt baths lately? He probably has minor fin rot so do 1 salt bath once per day 1 teaspoon of MARINE salt per 3 liters of water. Keep the your betta in their for 1-3 hours depending on how bad. Do this every day for a week even if the fish looks better a few days in still do it for the whole week. If your fish gets better a few days in then declines at the end if your betta 2 days off and if he improves no more salt baths but if he stays the same or gets worse keep giving him salt baths. If the first 1 week of treatment dons't work do it 5 days a week and give your betta the weekends off and do it every week untill he gets better. He also may be ajusting to his new surroundings so do this three days from now. Monitor his behaviour for three days if he stays the same or gets worse do as I have periously descibed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts