Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just got a little 10 gallon that is filled with sand and the saltwater also with a pump circulater. I've been waiting for the sand to settle down but as it starts to do so the pump cocks down and blows it everywhere so i shut it down ti'll the sand settles. I heard i really dont need a filter for this tank. I just need to do about 20% water change weekly about. maybe less. My plans for this tank was just to take a friends shrimp off his hands becaues he was going to flush it and i couldnt let him. I am eventually going to go some good lights so i can have a little coral in there. I will also have a couple other fish in there too. I have a 10 gallon filter for it when i had freshwater running in it so I heard all i really need to do is get a new filter cartridge and clean the filter out with vinegar and im good. The salwater will form its own sort of thing like freshwater. I'm learning as I go along so ANY suggestions are welcomed :D

Nick

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sand is actual saltwater tank sand. I didnt just go to home depot or something and buy the sand ( play ). So I know im good there. I have current already a pretty decent pump. The suction isnt good to the side of the glass so it would just dangle and point down and blow the sand into a hill and cause even MORE cloudyness...I will have at least a nice chunk of live rock in there I'm not sure of the plbs its not shaped like a rock either. Its just a branchy looking thing that my buddy is giving to me for starter...So do you think I will be okay w/ out the filter? Doing weekly maintenance?

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alrighty thanks :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.