Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,010 Posts
I didn't find much that compared to it based on labels and recommendations.

Something I didn't really notice before, it has more chlorine than any other constituent... that likely explains the long self life.

Jeff.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
I'm not knocking the dry fert idea.... so don't take this the wrong way. It sounds like it will work fine and provide a better level of customization if you know what needs to be changed.

I think I bought a 250ml bottle of flourish comp for about $7 and, based on usage so far, it will last me the year... say even 6 months if I started double dosing in my 37 gallon tank. It's dead simple, covers the bases, not expensive... cost is slightly more than a single bunch of plants... and doesn't go bad. A bag of tabs will last about the same and cost about the same. So $14 for a year's worth of fertilization, hard to use cost as a factor.

I would wonder what the real justification is to switch from that to measuring little tiny portions of the various nutrients, various containers, mixing solutions (dry dump gets around that I suppose), sourcing everything.

I like a little complication as much as the next anal retentive detail freak... but some things, if not really necessary, are hard to justify. Particularly when simple works just fine.

Jeff.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
Yup, if you know what you need. I dont even use a less than a capful but i dont seem to need the other stuff. Perhaps my water is just more loaded than some, with a dGH of 23, there are tons of micros in there already. As long as I keep up with the water changes I replenish most things.... I'm not 100% certain a that I even need to fertilize, I just do it to be sure. Perhaps my situation is more unique than I think.

I'm going to pull my water analysis again this week and see exactly what was in it again.

Jeff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.