Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my female gold gourami. She does not get along with the male, he chewed her up. She has since healed. She is very timid and sweet, will get along with fish that don't pick at her. Keeps to herself, is active and bright. She would be a good addition to a tank with cardinal tetras or some other fish that wont nip her as she will likely not defend herself. Or will be fine alone. She doesn't seem to mind that! I currently have her alone in a 20 gallon planted tank with a few ghost shrimp, snails and a young blue crayfish she stays away from. She simply flees or submits to other fish that try to pick on her, is most active when alone or with small fish that don't bite. I previously had her with neon tetras that weren't nippy and they made a lovely sight together. She will however, move in quickly for food and that can scare smaller fish, so please provide hiding if others are kept with her. She wont bite, but they don't know that. lol

Female Gold gourami Freshwater Tropical Fish | eBay

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Sylver.....is that really a thing?!

"If the fish arrive DOA I need a photo of them with their heads cut off..."

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sylver.....is that really a thing?!

"If the fish arrive DOA I need a photo of them with their heads cut off..."

Yes, because someone already tried to pull something on me, claiming the fish were DOA, gave me smeared photos of what looked to be three LIVE fish of the eight sent and not one had all of the fish in it, but would not give valid proof, nor would they send them back for a refund, they just whined and started a case they can't finish because they refuse to give me proof and send them back. lol

Believe it or not, lot of people actually ask for that because if you can't tell they're dead in a photo and they demand more fish...then you are sending them free stuff AND paying for it. That's why I put that, and if it's dead it isn't going to feel it, and if you can't stomach that, pop it in a bag and envelope, I'll handle the yuck stuff when it gets here, or film it for more than thirty seconds and send me the video. lol
Photos don't cut it when you can't even see what it is, let alone tell if they're dead. Everyone else who has purchased from me got live fish in good health. So yeah, I ask the nasteh. lol I'm SORRY!

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Oh okay, I just had never seen anything like that before. Makes sense I was just sort of shocked to see it was all lol.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yeah that's common enough with online orders - I don't think it's too much to ask someone to cut a dead fish in half....

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah that's common enough with online orders - I don't think it's too much to ask someone to cut a dead fish in half....
I don't really either...I mean I guess I can understand why people wouldn't want to. Kinda...erp, which is why I gave other options because some just can't stomach that.
Not all do it, but I have seen many who ask for tails or heads removed. Ones who don't likely have some other fail-safe, or just don't realize how hard some jerks will try to rob you.

In the case of the person who jipped me, they yelled about not wanting to butcher dead stinky fish. So I told him to send them back so I could see, he just kinda flipped, never responded, and gave me negative feedback claiming I shipped on holiday weekend(which I only did because the PO informed me they'd be there by Friday or Saturday at the latest since I paid extra for faster shipping!), they should have been fine for the extra day and a half though...and that I refused to refund them, which I did not refuse. I told them to give me the requested proof or send them back and they would get a full refund. x.x I believe this person MAY have had three die(all I could get from all three of the smeared photos they sent was a single fish I could make out...sorta, and it looked alive to me honestly, and what looked to be bits of java moss), but the rest were fine and they wanted to pull something, the plants were also gone from the bag in the photos. lol Week later and they still haven't done anything...although I think ebay snagged my profits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts