Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
3 months ago I bought 2 young Bolivian rams and a few days later I found one dead early morning. It was perfectly fine, not sick, and all my other fish were well. I only had baby panda corys at that time and they were all well.
Last month I found out I had a female and thought that is fine I don’t want to breed the fish, but I do want her to be happy and not lonely. So 2 weeks ago I decided to get her some company and bought what I thought was a male Bolivian. They didn’t get along the first week and each one stayed in its corner or else the smaller on would get rammed.
Now, 2 weeks later the smaller one grew some and started to hold its own and a few days later they became friends. Now they use the same corner at the same time, swim and eat together, which is great! But now the smaller one also has a breeding tube so I guess I have 2 females which was confirmed. But they don’t look the same??? They don’t have quite the same shape and the smaller one has more blue, her black is more pronounced and she has some orange outlining her dorsal and anal fin.
Could she be a Blue Ram? I keep my tank at 75-76 for my Pandas which is much too cold for a Blue Ram but she is in perfect shape and looks really happy and comfortable.
Can somebody please take a look at my pictures and tell me what I have, it’s driving me crazy and keeping me up at night. 🤣
Plant Botany Organism Terrestrial plant Grass
Plant Leaf Botany Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable
Plant Organism Water Sunlight Terrestrial plant
Plant Botany Organism Terrestrial plant Grass
Plant Leaf Botany Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable
Plant Organism Water Sunlight Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
430 Posts
One of them is very young. I cannot really identify it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts