Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 female bettas, 2 dumbo elephant ear male bettas, and 1 kuhli loach (10 gal, 5 gal, & 1.5 gal)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Vertebrate Organism Water Fish supply

This is Allura, she’s the smallest of all my female bettas- I can’t tell if she’s being bullied by the others or is sick- her fins were slightly shredded but when I looked at her this morning SHE LOOKED LIKE THIS!!! ANY MEDICINES I CAN DO TO HELP? I DONT WANT HER TO DIE I WOULD FEEL SO BAD-

·
Registered
75 Posts
What else do you have in the tank with her? She has definitely been getting nipped at from something, perhaps one of the other bettas. I have a sorority of bettas that all live peacefully together, but one crowntail female I have is an absolute savage if I put her near any others so she has a tank of her own.

I would separate that fish to a wee hospital tank if you can and let her recover on her own. Add some anti fin rot/fungal treatment to stop the damage getting worse. She should recover, but if she goes back into the tank with the same tank mates, then the same thing will likely happen again. You'll need to find out who the bully/bullies is for future.

·
Registered
4 female bettas, 2 dumbo elephant ear male bettas, and 1 kuhli loach (10 gal, 5 gal, & 1.5 gal)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What else do you have in the tank with her? She has definitely been getting nipped at from something, perhaps one of the other bettas. I have a sorority of bettas that all live peacefully together, but one crowntail female I have is an absolute savage if I put her near any others so she has a tank of her own.

I would separate that fish to a wee hospital tank if you can and let her recover on her own. Add some anti fin rot/fungal treatment to stop the damage getting worse. She should recover, but if she goes back into the tank with the same tank mates, then the same thing will likely happen again. You'll need to find out who the bully/bullies is for future.
She’s in there with a blue crowntail, a red/blue veil tail, a silver rose tail, and a kuhli loach. All female (not including the loach ofc). The veil tail is about 1 inch long if not bigger, the crowntail is slightly smaller and Allura + the rose tail are both about a half an inch if not smaller. The veil tail is not a bully, she’s very kind I’ve never seen her pick at the fish- the crown tail is a bully but she stopped being visibly aggressive ever since the the veil tail got bigger than her, the rose tail was only just added back to the tank last night due to having been quarantined for missing fins (we were having them grow back while hopefully she grew bigger). So she isn’t a candidate. Allura is slow to eating, and the pellets we feed the other fish are too big for her to even swallow so we have to feed her smaller pellets which is hard cause the other fish want to eat them too.
Water Fin Underwater Organism Fluid

this is what Allura used to look like. I hope we can get her back to this point. I cannot quarantine her just yet because I’m at school at the moment, but hopefully when I get home I can.

Here are the other fish in the tank with her:
Organism Water Fish Underwater Marine biology
Water Fin Organism Fish supply Fish

Wood Tints and shades Formation Ceiling Rock

I don’t have a picture of the crowntail (her name is Lapis), and the veiltail (the red and blue one; her name is Peony) has gotten about three times bigger since I took this picture. The loach (named Bolt) is basically never seen anymore, he lives under the main rock structure in the tank. The rose tail (Ebony) is nice she’s very small and slow she doesn’t hurt anybody. Any other recommendations/questions to help me?

·
Registered
Just look at PictusCatfishLover14's account and that's what I have.
3 Posts
She’s in there with a blue crowntail, a red/blue veil tail, a silver rose tail, and a kuhli loach. All female (not including the loach ofc). The veil tail is about 1 inch long if not bigger, the crowntail is slightly smaller and Allura + the rose tail are both about a half an inch if not smaller. The veil tail is not a bully, she’s very kind I’ve never seen her pick at the fish- the crown tail is a bully but she stopped being visibly aggressive ever since the the veil tail got bigger than her, the rose tail was only just added back to the tank last night due to having been quarantined for missing fins (we were having them grow back while hopefully she grew bigger). So she isn’t a candidate. Allura is slow to eating, and the pellets we feed the other fish are too big for her to even swallow so we have to feed her smaller pellets which is hard cause the other fish want to eat them too. View attachment 844769
this is what Allura used to look like. I hope we can get her back to this point. I cannot quarantine her just yet because I’m at school at the moment, but hopefully when I get home I can.

Here are the other fish in the tank with her:
View attachment 844770 View attachment 844772
View attachment 844771
I don’t have a picture of the crowntail (her name is Lapis), and the veiltail (the red and blue one; her name is Peony) has gotten about three times bigger since I took this picture. The loach (named Bolt) is basically never seen anymore, he lives under the main rock structure in the tank. The rose tail (Ebony) is nice she’s very small and slow she doesn’t hurt anybody. Any other recommendations/questions to help me?
Also, this is my (Pictus') alt speaking, the frog in the picture with the rosetail is no longer with us, she's been dead for a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts