Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Aurora and I have been in the fish hobby for a year or two now and I just got a glofish that I put in my tank which has several guppies and 1 African dwarf frog and now the pink glofish in it. It is a seven gallon tank and is clean but my glofish is terrified of the other fish and me even though the guppies do not try to injure her or even chase her around plus she is twice the size of the young guppies and the largest 1 is still only 2 thirds her size I have never seen her eat although she has been with me for several months I tried doing salt baths but it did not help her color is fading more and more even though I give her special glofish food. I cannot put more glofish in the tank because it is at its capacity and I do not have room for yet another fish tank because I already have 3 all at the upper limit because my guppy had around 50 babies what should I do? Please help me I do not want to have to end her suffering by flushing her down the toilet. Other then her weird behavior not eating and colors fading from lack of food there is nothing else wrong with her such as swim bladder disease or fin rot. I am so afraid she will die please help me. Nobody else can take her in either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well there isn’t much to do I am very sorry if I were you I would just keep her in a bowl until she passes but guppies need at least 10 gallons but 15 is perfect glofish are the same and they need atleast 5 of their kind or they tend to get aggressive ;) hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts