Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a issue with my filter it all runs fine and everything apart from the outlet doesn't quite reach over the lip of my tank and sit there that low. Is there a extension I can get or anything abit if just to drop it down abit further?? Or to spread the water flow?? And just to check this us ok my heater is by inlet my thermometer is by outlet readying a steady 27? Is that ok positioning to!?? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sorry I can't help with the fiter, I still use old fashioned hob type filters but as far as your heater, I say you've gout it just right. I keep my heater as close to my filter as possible to prevent uneven heating of the tank.
Best of luck to you and your fish

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I can't help with the fiter, I still use old fashioned hob type filters but as far as your heater, I say you've gout it just right. I keep my heater as close to my filter as possible to prevent uneven heating of the tank.
Best of luck to you and your fish
thank you never realised how much thought goes in fish keeping lol just cant wait for my water tester to turn up lol

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hey
what filter is it ?

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
can you not just buy a new piece of hose ?

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
oh ok….perhaps buy that part from another filter,as the tubing should
be flexible enough.
or could you gently heat the pipe to flex it into a better shape ?
(don't hold me to the possible large mistake of it melting if your not careful lol )

Reactions: rsskylight04

·
Registered
840 Posts
I would advise to CAREFULLY heat the pipe to reshape it. Be careful or you'll ruin your tube. Maybe a pot of boiling water then dip and flex the tube. Let us know how it works.
Thanks and goodd luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi i didn't heat it in the end i will in soon tho lol i ended up using bait of spare ehiem pipe the flexi one and added that to it and it dropped down about a cm so that will do till new year lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts