Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing paparazzi again tonight ....:-D Hope you guys enjoy....sorry I posted some of the blurry one's but in those you can see their nice blue eyes....I love them guys

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
:nicefish:They are so beautiful! I love how your tank looks so natural! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I hate you. j/k
I have decided in the last few days that my favorite Tetra, and perhaps fav. fresh water fish is the Emperor Tetra and I want them.
Very nice pictures and thank you for you time and dedication to helping and sharing.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Very nice looking fish. Have been contemplating these fish for some time and the photos have confirmed that I must have some. One of the photos pictured blue eyes . Do their eyes appear blue or was it the way light hit them? Always been a sucker for blue eyes.:roll:

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
I have three of them in my community tank. Two have green eyes and one has blue eyes. I love love love them.

Angel, I think I finally figure out where to find the macro settings on my digital camera so I can post some aquarium pics. this weekend. It's about freakin time huh?

Emperors rock!

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know for THE LONGEST time I was totally torn between them & Kerri Tetras; since the bodies are the same but coloration is diff....Now I'm happy with what I got :)

I need to do gardening this weekend thou the Rotala is so long again; its actually blocking the greater left side of the tank's light right now and that ain't good for the tiger lotus.

1077; no their have indeed blue eyes but 9 outta 10 pictures I couldn't get them to show right; actually when watched live for a while dep on the angle their're turning they shimmer green and then BAM this beautiful blue.

Romand I couldn't wait to see some of your tank/ fish pictures!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Oh, I love them! And talk about paparazzi, I have, oh, ATM 250 photos in my aquarium photo file. Granted, half of them are blurry bc we have to take a dozen to get one clear shot but hey, it's worth the effort.

THanks for sharing, we sure do love pix!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Wow. Beautiful, as always. What's the plant in the background of the 2nd and 3rd picture? I might swap out one of my Amazon Swords for that. I think the Angels would love swimming through that.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lisa the fine leaf stem plant? That's Rotala Indica - Grows like WEED in my 45g - Check out some of my aquarium log pictures from the first one to now in the whole tank....It grew crazy; I should have trimmed it ~4" today but bathrm paint took prio so I'll let it go till tomorrow :)
And yes the Tetras LOVE going in & outta there

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great Pictures! The plant in the first picture to the right of the rotala, what is it? I have some in my tank also but can't remember what it's called. It grows quickly too, i've had to trim mine several times in two months.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just looked back through the pictures and saw that tiger lotus!...I love them. they're my absolute favorite. How quickly does yours grow in that setup?

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great Pictures! The plant in the first picture to the right of the rotala, what is it? I have some in my tank also but can't remember what it's called. It grows quickly too, i've had to trim mine several times in two months.
The first pic on the right, kind hiding barley seen it in that pic is Cabomba.

I just looked back through the pictures and saw that tiger lotus!...I love them. they're my absolute favorite. How quickly does yours grow in that setup?
They're my fav of all times have to have them in the tanks :lol:
Mmmmhhh I got mine in mid Nov last year had 2 leaf's about 4-5" long now I have 9 or 10 leaf's and about almost 10" long...so much for the rate.....but check out my old one that I had grown for a long time in my old 55; I loved that plant ...

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!wow those leaves really reach up for the top of the tank. Mine kinda lay flat on the sand sometimes; does that mean they are getting "beaten down by the light" maybe?...just a thought.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From the water.
I had found it does grow better in dimmer set ups then high end bright set ups.

Do you have any super big-bully in the tank that could knock the plant around? They're pretty thin after all...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great pictures, Natalie! Thanks for sharing those. I really do love the Emperor's. I never really knew about them until this time around in the fish world....third time in. ;-) The owner of the LFS here....that is her favorite fish.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My RTS is the biggest in tank...he picks up a lot of sand in his mouth and spreads it around the tanks, leaves a lot on the lotus leaves though, but he won't be in there much longer.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Naw then I don't think it him causing you that issue. Do you have extremly hard end water or extremly soft end water?
How quick does it grow would you say? I mean like 1 new leaf each week or maybe 1 every 2 months...?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts