Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I don't agree with this warning and was asking if it can be rethought.. Even another mod said that she thought it was unfair.

Reefing Madness said:
Dear Mo,

You have received a warning at Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...endens-compatibility-97337/page6/#post1411744

Your last post in this thread has been edited for being rude to a MOD. Please refrain from making such comments in Threads. If think she was unfair, please do it in a PM.
Thanks
-------

Original Post:
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...endens-compatibility-97337/page6/#post1411744
Wow, looking back what an awful list. xD Even I agreed with it at one point but that's when I knew nothing about fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lol. Thanks! I didn't have much experience back then, but thanks for being so rude.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hi Mo,

Sorry that you think you've been treated unfairly and we can certainly discuss it here.

But just out of curiosity, what would YOU call that comment?

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Very, very sneaky there MO. To bad I am the one that EDITED that Post, and what a bummer that I even have the entire POST that you made. Dont mind if I post it now for you to re-read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia
Wow, looking back what an awful list. xD Even I agreed with it at one point but that's when I knew nothing about fish.
Posted via Mobile Device

MO
Lol. Thanks! I didn't have much experience back then, but thanks for being so rude.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
In light of what Olympia said though, I think some exceptions should be made in this case.

Reefing, I'm not sure I understand why you think Mo is being sneaky. The entire post is already in the PM he posted.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
In light of what Olympia said though, I think some exceptions should be made in this case.
She did not quote MO, and did not take a personal shot at him. He on the other hand took it personal, and didn't have a second thought taking a shot at her, which is against the rules.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks and reefing, I'm not being sneaky. It was recommended to do this... And I did have the full post there. Also I would have done this a long time ago with a different incident. I posted a picture of a fish to use as an example of heavy branching but still good overall form and it got deleted.. Apperantly you can't use a breeders pic without permission yet it happened every day here and I'm the only one that's gotten in trouble

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Me personally. I hate to say it but a smartmouth comment..
So was it meant to be a joke? Not sure what you're saying here.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She did not quote MO, and did not take a personal shot at him. He on the other hand took it personal, and didn't have a second thought taking a shot at her, which is against the rules.
To me sarcasm isn't being really bad and isn't worth that. If someone like a respected member were to say the same thing to me I doubt they'd get in trouble to be honest.. I've seen way more personal comments, by mods and respected members never been edited but this one deserved a warning?

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
I agree that in this case there is cause for the infraction to be reversed.
I see on your profile that it has been reversed earlier today.

I would appreciate from all the mods here, that your comments be toned down at times, smart mouthing will only get infractions sent your way in the future which can lead to a ban / exclusion from the the forum if they carry on.

Reactions: Sakura8

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry. More of sarcasm. Not a joke, I was being serious. She was rude and it was just a sarcastic reply

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Thanks and reefing, I'm not being sneaky. It was recommended to do this... And I did have the full post there. Also I would have done this a long time ago with a different incident. I posted a picture of a fish to use as an example of heavy branching but still good overall form and it got deleted.. Apperantly you can't use a breeders pic without permission yet it happened every day here and I'm the only one that's gotten in trouble

If that's the case, we were wrong for not catching them all. But in those instances, we wouldn't know about it unless it gets reported.

Personally, I wouldn't know if a random picture belongs to a breeder or is a copyright issue. Someone would have to bring it to my attention.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it didn't have that copywright thing... But I still got in trouble for it.. But that's a whole nother story and I already deleted the PM's so there's not much evidence.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the help and getting it reversed. Just thought I'd bring it to y'all's attention and if you see this thanks to the mod who recommended me to do this :)

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Looks like we're all good here. Night everyone.

Reactions: Sakura8
1 - 18 of 18 Posts