Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an aquarium for about 7 or 8 months and have never had a problem. I did my research before i started and learned about maintaining fis healthy. I learned about fish illnesses. But all of a sudden my fish just started to die right after the water started to get cloudy. I dont know why the water got that way.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Have you tested your water?

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate. It sounds like your Ammonia is high. Is it Fresh or saltwater? And is it sort of a greenish color.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant really tell if the water is green, but you can definetly tell it is not clear as it used to be.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
If it doesn't look green then it isn't an algea bloom. But test the water for Ammonia,Nitrite, and Nitrate. Do a 25% water change and insert a new filter cart. It sounds like your ammonia got a little high.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
What it is, is micro. algea that is present in the water. It can zap the oxygen that the fish use's out of the water and the fish will dye to. The only way to get rid of it is to completely clean the tankout. That's why I asked you if your water's a little greenish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
what probably happened is that your filter got overloaded, how often do you clean the filter, what type of filter is it, and what amount and size and type of fish did you have in the tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts