Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm rather new to fish keeping I started about 2 months ago with a little starter tank. I gradually Built Up my fish. About 2 weeks ago I purchased A 3 and a half foot tank. I keep it in my room and it is in the direction of the window when there is direct light I shut the curtains but lots of light still gets in (but not direct) Iv heard people saying it is a very bad thing :(. Can any one enliten me on this Because I would hate to be puting my fish's health at danger and not knowing. Thanks :)[/b]

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Hi ClarkyJ and welcome to the forum.

I also have my tank fairly near to a window, and as a result keep the curtains shut when it's very sunny outside.

I think the main thing to worry about is a build up of algae or the tank overheating if it's warm and sunny outside. However, if the tank isn't getting direct sunlight then I wouldn't worry about it too much - just keep an eye on things.

I've had mine located where it is for seven months now without any problems at all.

Hope that helps :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.