Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I saw some Bumblebee Gobies. Does anyone have them? If so, any pointers? I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2, here or there.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
Never kept them, but apparently there are 2 differnet varieties, the ones that can tolerate fresh water are Brachygobius xanthozona ????. Easiest way to distguish it from the other variety Brachygobius nunus ???? is they have continous black stripes as apposed to the the broken ones of the Nunus.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dlil said:
apparently there are 2 differnet varieties, the ones that can tolerate fresh water are Brachygobius xanthozona ????. Easiest way to distguish it from the other variety Brachygobius nunus ???? is they have continous black stripes as apposed to the the broken ones of the Nunus.
That makes sense. The ones that I saw in person looked so different from the ones on line when I researched.

·
Registered
119 Posts
One peice of advice:
They do NOT like non-live food.

It was a pain to even get them to eat frozen bloodworms. D;

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I opted against the gobies, at least for now, but they remain one of my favorites.

·
Registered
63 Posts
they do fine in fresh water and are easy to breed, just get a rock and have it standing so there is a small crevise going underneath , then buy about 5 gobies and add a little salt to the water , then just leave them and they should breed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts