Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if everyone has names for the inhabitants of their aquariums. I only name the ones I can identify in the 'crowd'; i.e. I do not name all the platys because they all look the same :D . Some of my fishes names are: Shadow, Gepetto, Triton, Tigger, DeNiro, Bruce, Ralph, and Wilson.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, I forgot to mention my 2 bettas, "Ice" (a.k.a. Mr. Grumpy Gills), and Columbus (my 'rainbow fish').

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I'd rather move it in this section.:mrgreen:
Offtopic Discussion section is not suitable for "fishy" discussions.:bluelaugh:

I name only a few fish yet. If I can remember, here's the following:
Female bristlenose: Emma
Most dominant Golden Hifin Pigeon discus: Tamison
Male blue ram: Tom
All black kuhli loach: Boromir
(No point naming even the others as they look alike.:crazy: )
Black Angelfish: Borris

Good news: I'm finally getting more blue rams next week after my lfs got a new batch. Been waiting for 5 months to get them.:welldone:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
crazie.eddie said:
The only one I sort of name is my biggest clown loach, which I call Bubba.
Nice name.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Gold Ram - Sid
Blue rams - Charlie and Jamie
Plecos - Septimus and Rustic
Red Platy - Basil
Corys - George, Dougal, Roger and Fred
Neon Tetras - no point naming them as they all look the same.

·
Registered
224 Posts
nearly all my fish have names!!!
i have ted and yoda, my male gouramies and polly, molly and dolly are the females. :D
my pleco is called little dave, my tetras are called zippy, george and bungel. :D
then the guppys are the 3 muskatiers.
my clown loauch is called tigger fish and the other to cat fish are called dizzy and cammo. :D
weird enought for ya????? :thumbsup:
:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
fiona said:
nearly all my fish have names!!!
i have ted and yoda, my male gouramies and polly, molly and dolly are the females. :D
my pleco is called little dave, my tetras are called zippy, george and bungel. :D
then the guppys are the 3 muskatiers.
my clown loauch is called tigger fish and the other to cat fish are called dizzy and cammo. :D
weird enought for ya????? :thumbsup:
:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
Hi Fiona.
What I find weird is "Little Dave". I suppose when your plec gets big, it'll be "Big Dave"?:thumbsup:

Take care.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
dont ask!!!!!!!
my boyfriend named him.
he's always said if we every have kids and we have a boy we have to call him dave so he can be little dave coz it a call name.................????

well id rather have fish called little dave than a kid!!!! :bluelaugh:

·
Registered
224 Posts
iv always liked human names for animals.
my mum used to want a cat called kevin but when my sister got a cat she wouldnt let us name it kevin, how borin!!!1

·
Registered
707 Posts
1 gold zebra danio named goldie, and 4 zebra danio's names zeebie 1, zeebie 2, zeebie 3, and zeebie 4.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nope I have not named all of my fish! The one's I havnt named I just called then like ' little neon' or hey angel! to my angelfish.
But...My bala is named ' Hercules ' and i think i have named my pleco ' chip ' because when ever i throw an algea wafer in ( looks like a lil chip to me ) he will sneek up to it and when my clowns will be snacking it he like attacks it and its all his! It's the greatest thing to watch. And its so cute because than he will back off for about a few minutes and let my loaches get some and he's at it again!... But I think when I get my cardinals or whatever other schooling fish for my last fish I will be sure to name them!

Nick

·
Registered
620 Posts
Which is which! You have a 3 angels and a clown loach, and a pleco...right? lol :lol:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi Brie,
Look at this way. If you post your fish's names here, it will help you remind the names of your fish.:mrgreen:
I do too.:crazy: Tend to forget the names of my fish which is why I post mine here..lol..:mrgreen:

·
Registered
620 Posts
awww yes I've always wondered that Brie! What fish have u gone through?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts