Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the next thing on my list to get is a protein skimmer. I know i will upgrade my tank sometime in the futere but i cant spend that much money on a skimmer as of now. I have this special glue made just for gluing together acrilic peices, My mom also bi-acidentally ordered two ocean runner 2500s(650gph) so i was wonderingin how hard it would be to make one?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. but i still have a never opened aqua medic ocean runner 2500 pump if any one will make a offer.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
How much you want?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be more interested in a trade. Do you have any old stuff i would be interested in? But if not i would make a generous prise for a freind.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
trreherd said:
I dont know about a sea-clone. Is your nice or something? what kind of midifications?
I cut down the inner most tube and cut down the tube that the skimmate goes through to get to the collection cup. It works so much better almost like the higher end models. But its still over worked because it on 120gal system. I have to empty the collection cup nightly or it will over flow back into the sump.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
I never hear it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will want a pick of your skimmer first and than i will decide.
What do you want the pump for anyway?

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Actually CRM your right, I was going to use my seaclone for my 20gal after I bought a bigger one. I just wanted to know how much he wanted for the pump.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
''You'll need to figure out how it works as those are more complicated then needle wheels. I wouldn't go higher then $40 as shipping might make it lesss desirable''
What do you meen? I figured i just hook up my pump to it and start skimming? Y do i need to know how they work?

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
They had one of those hooked up at the LFS down south I would go to. It looked complicated and really didnt work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts