Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help me out here guys I like using the old school air driven box filters for my bettas less water moving and I beleive they keep the water cleaner.

right now mine has gravel/bio cermanic wheels in it, coarse, med, fine sponge through it

I was thinking of making another one out of plexi -- could I do a layer of gravel/bio wheels, carbon, ammonia, sponges? to help remove ammonia and keep water clearer? do u think it would work?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey aeon love box filters to I use them on my dad's 10 gallon tank and my daughter's 5 gallon tank I want to use them in my 55 gallon tank but my wife said no I recently read 2 amazing articals on box filters thease are the links for the best box filter info and advice and idea giver here they are How to Use Box/Corner Filters Whatever Happened to the Box/Corner Filter? I hope you find these articles helpful they are the best I have found on box filters please let me know if they help and happy fish keeping :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.