Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leapord bushfish, which is a gourami. He had this weird lining around the upper lip on his mouth. It all started from him not eating for a few days. Sometimes that is normal for him because he would then eat later. Then this white lining shows up. After doing reasesrch ,I’m treating it as another form of columnaris. Which can show up on the mouth on some fish. The medicine I am using is kanaplex to cure it since I couldn’t find any of APIs Furan-2. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a leapord bushfish, which is a gourami. He had this weird lining around the upper lip on his mouth. It all started from him not eating for a few days. Sometimes that is normal for him because he would then eat later. Then this white lining shows up. After doing reasesrch ,I’m treating it as another form of columnaris. Which can show up on the mouth on some fish. The medicine I am using is kanaplex to cure it since I couldn’t find any of APIs Furan-2. What do you guys think?
Kana is a pretty broad range medication. You made the right move. How is the fish doing today?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This mourning he was laying around as usual but still not eating. He was laying around one flower pot. Im thinking that maybe after the second dose this Friday my fish could go back to his usual behavior like eating when being fed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The medicine is working he is still a little slow moving but he is eating. He wouldn’t eat during the day and only a little at night. He’s starting to take the bloodworm cubes again. After this final dose of kanaplex I think my fish will be back to his normal self.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The medicine is working he is still a little slow moving but he is eating. He wouldn’t eat during the day and only a little at night. He’s starting to take the bloodworm cubes again. After this final dose of kanaplex I think my fish will be back to his normal self.
good, I'm glad you're having success. You acted fast, and I think that's what made the difference.

🙏 👍 💯

1 - 6 of 6 Posts