Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't know the answer to your last question, but have to say I am surprised to read about Discus being kept with tetras. Although I know very little about discus fish, are they not cichlids? I suppose if it is alright to keep them with tetras then they must be non-aggressive. Also, I know they are very gorgeous fish (the Discus); are they not picky as well, re: heat, ph and such? Just wondering :) Would love to have some but have not been willing to sacrafice the $$ for them, as they are quite an 'elite' fish and I know they do not come cheaply.

·
Registered
706 Posts
No kidding. And thanks, Blue :) I was at work tonight at the fish store where I work part time, and I saw a 30 gallon hexagon for $90.Canadian (about $65 US), and I also get a discount, so seriously thinking about obtaining yet ANOTHER aquarium; I think it is a good deal. I just need a stand for it (will purchase a filter, heater and substrate also, of course). :wink: And perhaps I can try Discus! And........will even try "cycling" the tank without the 'chemicals', which will be a big first for me. I have always used the biological supplements, with no fish loss, but since joining the Forum have discovered that supplements like Cycle are not for the fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts