Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I went LFS to get the Rabaui cory's I special ordered today and they are covered in white disease of some sort! Like ick or some other parasite. To think I was gonna put them in my display tank!!!! That's it I just used the money I was gonna buy them with and bought a 20H instead for a quarantine tank. It was only 30 buck's and I already have everything at home to set it up. Wow did I learn a lesson!!!!!!! I would've wiped out my whole tank if I would of put them in there. Already got it set up and seeded with media from my established 55g tank. Should be ready for fish in a day or two. Here's it complete waiting for some fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
If you started the tank with seeded media, then it's ready for fish right now. Waiting provides no benefit.

It's always best to quarantine new fish, even if they appear healthy. Ich is extremely easy to treat and would not have wiped out your tank. However, columnaris is the complete opposite. In any event, you did the right thing spending the money on a quarantine tank.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
lovely tank. :-D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I currently have 3 zebra danios in it now. once they are in for a few weel's I'll add a couple of cory's.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
talking of display tanks..i went to a fish shop yesterday
and i wanted clown loaches..they only had them in the display tank and
don't sell them…:-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts