Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I strongly trust this website im just not sure if this is the right place. But im literally dying inside

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Sounds like you need someone to talk to. You can talk here in a group with the team or pm me if you'd like.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I'm a Mom with 2 grown kids, 21 and 27, so I've seen it all. I'm here to chat too if you need to vent or get some help with issues with friends/family/school. You can reach us right here or by pm'ing any one of us.

Reactions: Romad

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay well thanks.
My depression has been getting worse everyday.. Due to my parents getting a divorce. Im struggling so badly and i dont feel like theres any point for me to get out of bed in the mornings. I dont enjoy things i used to. I cry 2+ times a day :c. Im actually going to a therapist on thursday.(by the way im a high school female)
I also put on a "happy face" in public to hide my depression because if i didnt hide it everyone would be curious...
Thanks for the support

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Awww dear, I feel like I've been in your shoes before (not because of a divorce).
For me, therapy, and the doctor, did not do too much, they only helped my parents understand that I have a very real problem. . But it might work to talk about things.

But you do have a reason to get up in the morning! You are obviously an animal lover, and you have a betta, your tetras, and two little chihuahuas! :)
I never told this to anyone but through the worst of things I would literally sit in front of my betta tank crying, and it's true that fish are good therapy! Watching the little guy swim around trying to eat me would always settle me down quickly, have you tried that? :) The most important advice I have is to find something you love, something you are passionate about, and use that to get your mind off of the sadness! Fish worked for me, but you could try art, painting, writing stories or poems (I used to do this too). Heck, you may have a talent you never even discovered!

Stay strong! Things DO get better!

Reactions: Romad

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your parent's divorce. I'm sure they thought long and hard about going their seperate ways before they made that decision but came to the conclusion that they just couldn't work it out together.

A lot of adults make mistakes in life and then find out years and years later that they're just not happy with the person that they are with.

I know this is hard for you right now but believe me when I tell you that it will get better in time. If your parents are going to be happier apart then it's the best thing for everyone in the long run.

And whatever you do, don't blame yourself. It has nothing to do with how they feel about you or your siblings (if there are more of you).

Have your parents talked to you about this and why they are seperating?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
okay thanks:)
sometimes when i cry i do watch Zuko because he's always so excited whenever i'm around. i would love to be a chef and be on the show "chopped" when i'm older so i practice my skills a lot; which sometimes makes me feel better.
also, my grades are dropping because of this :cry::cry::-:)-?:|

and Romad:
i DO know why they are seperating.... i was scarred for life for one thing that made the big bang for the worst of it all. (i probably shouldnt mention it. and thanks, trust me, ive been trying to stay strong for a while.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I hear ya! I'm divorced and remarried. I divorced when my kids were Boy 3yrs... now 21 and Girl 9yrs... now 26. 27 in May. Can we ask your age? Are you 14?
I totally agree with Olympia. We put the kids into horseback riding. Horses are SO therapeutic to be around but you need to find an interest and immerse yourself in it.
You know that you are grieving "your family" right? All the summer vacations, family gatherings, possibly your family home is gone, or at least one parent is gone so it's just not the same. Grief sucks the life out of you and the therapy will be really good.
Please stay in touch with us here. We're happy to be a help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i'm 14... soon to be 15.
I just feel so muchhate in our household it's too much for me to handle.

sorry about your divorce by the way:|

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Divorced here too. Best thing I ever did :)

Edit: I hope that didn't sound insensitive. In my situation, neither of us were happy and it was a good thing to do for both of us.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
okay thanks:)
sometimes when i cry i do watch Zuko because he's always so excited whenever i'm around. i would love to be a chef and be on the show "chopped" when i'm older so i practice my skills a lot; which sometimes makes me feel better.
also, my grades are dropping because of this :cry::cry::-:)-?:|

and Romad:
i DO know why they are seperating.... i was scarred for life for one thing that made the big bang for the worst of it all. (i probably shouldnt mention it. and thanks, trust me, ive been trying to stay strong for a while.
Whatever it was, just remember that it was out of your control and the only thing you can do is to try to heal yourself in time.

Bettas are good diversiions and buddies and will always make you smile :) I'm a big fan of Chopped and love cooking too! Except when I really don't feel like it :)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Oh don't be sorry about my divorce... thank you tho. It was the best thing for me too. I wish I was a stronger person and had never married him in the first place. I knew there were problems but married anyway. I do have 2 beautiful children tho that I do not regret. And that is my point... if you hear either of them say/yell... "I never should have married you!"... type of thing and regrets marrying, neither of your parents regrets having you. That is totally separate and while one possibly would not have happened without the other, they are irrelevant to each other!! Got it!!?? :lol:

Both my kids got therapy. I'm a firm believer it should be mandatory. I promise you will feel better for having gone in the long run even if it is painful at the time.

·
Banned
12,153 Posts
I was 23 when my parents got divorced. It's hard when you hear your mom did this, your dad did that. I hope your parents don't do that to you. I think it would be awesome to see you on Chopped! It's one of my favorite shows, too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im really not sure how my life will end up. And trust me, i feel like they fight infront of me on purpose.... Im always right there. Infact about 20mins ago they had a lovely fight when i was doing homework in the room i was in cause my dad was in there.
I feel like i just cant live anymore(NOT suicidal!) just i dont have anymore hope.
I cry myself to sleep every night... Including right now.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
It is very hard to be in that situation. I hope they can come to a decision soon. Really the fighting and arguing in front of you is worse than having one parent leave the home. As sad as it is to have one parent go it is much quieter. Can you talk to one of them and express that you need them to please stop fighting in front of you? I'm sorry you have been put in this situation.
Feel free to post anytime here in this thread. It is all yours to vent if you need to.

·
Banned
12,153 Posts
Im really not sure how my life will end up. And trust me, i feel like they fight infront of me on purpose.... Im always right there. Infact about 20mins ago they had a lovely fight when i was doing homework in the room i was in cause my dad was in there.
I feel like i just cant live anymore(NOT suicidal!) just i dont have anymore hope.
I cry myself to sleep every night... Including right now.
Aww, I'm sorry! *hugs*

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for listening and i tell them all the time but i feel like one of them fights infront of me on purpose to make me upset

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Thanks everyone for listening and i tell them all the time but i feel like one of them fights infront of me on purpose to make me upset

That's not good and not right for them to do. I'm sorry you have to deal with that :( Do they know how upset you are? Are you able to talk to them about this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They see how upset i am they even see me crying and my dad is like im so sorry :T and they both know how depressed i am

1 - 20 of 61 Posts