Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few weeks or so when I go on the advanced response and go to add photos using the paperclip button, its not longer there. All that's there now is a little scroll down menue named attachments but when I click on it nothing happens. But I did figure out that if I go down the page theres a manage attachments button and that seems to be working. Is it suppose to be like that?

Also my other question was is it possible delete your posts or threads if you no longer want them, or you posted twice or something along those lines?

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hi Sabina

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the attachments. What I can tell you is that you should "Add New Post" instead of using Post Quick Reply when trying to add attachments and photos. Could that be it?

As for deleting your posts, no editing can be done after 20 minutes so, no to being able to remove them.

If there are certain posts that you think need to be deleted or edited, you can post a link here and we'll discuss it with you.

Thanks and hope I helped :)

Romad

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much.
Im not sure if that's the problem with atachments. But I finnaly figured out how to do it again.

As for deleting stuff i was more carouse about that, but since there isn't that's fine then.
Thanks though :)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
We can always "remove" something if you need it removed... be it a post or a thread. Sometimes we "close" threads but leave them on the forum. Other times we completely remove them to our "Removed Topics" section behind the scenes. Nothing really ever gets totally removed tho (we never actually delete anything but the main public or members would no longer see them.)
We often get asked for a duplicate post to be removed, that type of thing. You can always ask here in MDWMod area.

Reactions: Romad

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Thank you very much.
Im not sure if that's the problem with atachments. But I finnaly figured out how to do it again.

As for deleting stuff i was more carouse about that, but since there isn't that's fine then.
Thanks though :)
Or.....

Click "go advanced" in the message window, on the top of the box which will appear, there is a "smiley face" next to that is a paper clip, you can use that to attach pictures. If you have the pictures stored on something like photobucket, you can use the insert link option (green under the smiley face), use the direct link to the picture.

The first one I mentioned is a more common issue but maybe you're thinking of this option above?

Anyhoo... glad you got it figured out again.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or.....

Click "go advanced" in the message window, on the top of the box which will appear, there is a "smiley face" next to that is a paper clip, you can use that to attach pictures. If you have the pictures stored on something like photobucket, you can use the insert link option (green under the smiley face), use the direct link to the picture.

The first one I mentioned is a more common issue but maybe you're thinking of this option above?

Anyhoo... glad you got it figured out again.
The paperclip way was the way I was referring to :)
I guess what I mean is a little hard to explain. With mine now instead of the icons there are little scroll down tabs that say things like fonts, sizes, colors, smilies and attachments. I've now figured out that I have to go down the page a little to were it says additional options, and under that is where there's a button that says manage attachments. When I click on its like when clicking on the paper clip. From there I can upload photos like normal. I'm not really sure why mine is like that now, maybe its just my computer. I hope that helps a little in understanding what I mean.
Im glad I figured out how to use it again too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts