Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I delete my account? I no longer want to be on a site that is inconsiderate of people with mental disabilities like Asperger's Syndrome etc.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Whoa... wait a second. We won't tolerate rudeness or any members making fun of or ridiculing people with ANY disabilities.

Can you let us know why you started this thread please? Do you have a link to a thread or posts that this is happening in?

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Kim, where or from whom did you hear that this site is intolerant of people with Asperger's syndrome? I promise you we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and we have welcomed members with Asperger's syndrome before. We had one member who had severe Asperger's and many members of the moderating team, including myself and DQ when she was a moderator, worked with him on a daily basis to help improve his social skills. In answer to your unspoken question about what happened to him . . . well, yes, we did eventually have to ban him but not because of his Asperger's. Despite the many allowances we made for his disability - including having the rules posted at the top of his homepage at all times - he still broke too many rules.

Kim, please believe me when I say we tried so hard with him. We all really got to like him a lot. I even asked Meredith once about how to work with him, since Meredith's daughter has Asperger's.

If you've seen anyone discriminate against someone with Asperger's here, please tell me, okay? You don't have to tell me here if you don't want to. You can tell me on FB.

So hey, talk to me and we'll work this out, okay?

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Since we've become somewhat enlightened as to who put that out there, I'm just going to go on record as saying that I find it very interesting that said person is using the word "they" when speaking of forum issues of over a year ago.

Especially after we worked so very long and hard with Choclate to the point where we were in conversations with his mother.

And, the former administrator had to finally ban the account after months and months of trying to keep him here without disrupting the forum on a daily (and sometimes hourly) basis.

This is the only member that I actually shed a real tear over so it makes me pretty upset when said person throws it out there like we are cold, unfeeling, and horrible people.

Kim, you have no idea how hard we try behind the scenes here. We always try to be fair and kind and I love that about our team.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Kim, it's true. We really tried so hard with Choc. We all got really fond of him and the decision to ban him was the hardest one ever made. Our old administrator made the decision solely by himself so that none of us moderators would feel responsible.

I hope Kim, that now that you have the whole story, you will reconsider your request. However, if you still feel that you'd like to leave, we'll honor your request.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sakura8 or Meg knows who it is and I will be glad to post the whole conversation on this thread for Mods to see. Meredith also knows who it is and the conversation.

Reactions: Destinystar

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Sadly, Kim, we all know who it is. Thanks for coming back to talk to us. Yes, please do post anything you think we need to see.

Also, you DID know Meredith is a moderator here, too, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know Meg. I was wondering why her name was red then i went and looked and saw she is a TFK moderator. I was suprised kind of.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the FACEBOOK post with comments:

Teresa Romero
7 hours ago via mobile ·
Great, now they're getting after a kid whose parents won't LET her do water changes and telling her she was old enough to do them on her own. She divulged that she was diagnosed with a multiple personality disorder and a mod says well sorry about your condition but you will still obey the rules blah blah blah. Well they banned s kid last year because his Aspergers interfered with other members.
Like · · Share · Stop Notifications

Kim McFadden wow
6 hours ago · Like

Angelique Vassiliou wow
6 hours ago · Like

Teresa Romero We tried to work with the kid with Aspergers but one person who has since bern banned provoked him. He got banned for ladhing out, she got nothing. Thdn ehen shr finally got banned she csme back under an other name. It took awhile but her ip address got banned and hopefully we'll have no more trouble with her.
6 hours ago via mobile · Like

Teresa Romero lashing

Angelique Vassiliou Oh My girl I'm so sorry
6 hours ago · Like

Teresa Romero Yeah this girl pretty much got warned that if because of your illness/ disorder you say the wrong thing then watch out.

Angelique Vassiliou wow
6 hours ago · Like

Kim McFadden So they banned a person with Asperger's Syndrome?
6 hours ago · Like

Teresa Romero last year when I was a mod. I guess you don't remember Choclatebetta? he wad a swert kid but didn't understand stuff like kidfing around or sarcasm. he would say stuff like are you insulting me if he didn't know whst yu mesnt.

Kim McFadden So they banned the kid because of his Asperger's he didn't understand what a person meant so he got offensive?
6 hours ago · Like

Teresa Romero In all fairness we tried to work with him but some prople like Oldfishlady thought he was a troll and wanted him gone. He was a pretty smart kid too.

Kim McFadden What is oldfishlady's real name?
6 hours ago · Like

Kim McFadden I will be removing my account off of Bettafish now for how they treat someone with Asperger's Syndrome.
6 hours ago · Like

Kim McFadden My sister has Asperger's syndrome/autism and i am pissed that a mod would ban someone because of it.
6 hours ago · Like · 1

Teresa Romero Brenda. I don't know her ladt name. She's an IBC member, I heard.

Kim McFadden Well once February comes around I will NO LONGER be a part of the IBC
6 hours ago · Like

Teresa Romero I had pm 'd several members asking them to have a little understanding of his situation and some pdople ghought we were showing favoritism. No, we were trying to be understanding.

Teresa Romero Seahorse, Meg and I were the ones trying to work with him.

Teresa Romero This didn't have anything to do with the BC. It was tfk.
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Angelique Vassiliou That's horrible

Kim McFadden Its still the point that when it comes to betta people very few have manners and attempt to understand someone's situation. Thankfully I am friends with the few that do understand but I have met many that don't understand and are complete assholes and bitches.
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Teresa Romero People are afraid of what they don't understand.
5 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Angelique Vassiliou I think so too Teresa Romero
5 hours ago via mobile · Like

Kim McFadden that is why i am removing my bettafish account. this is just stupid and inconsiderate.
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Teresa Romero I guess I better keep my mouth shut because I'm always grtting into trouble. I was MY fault I got demidded and given an infraction and I deserved what I got. or so I wad told.
5 hours ago via mobile · Like

Kim McFadden I just posted this in the discuss with a mod section: How do I delete my account? I no longer want to be on a site that is inconsiderate of people with mental disabilities like Asperger's Syndrome etc.
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Neil Blaikie It was you that banned him the first time and even after weeks and weeks of trying to work with him, the reports coming in were too much to ignore and you know it. We tried everything to get Chocolate to understand but it wasnt the case. The admin took the decision ALONE to permanently ban him for the good of the forum and to restore some peace.
4 hours ago · Like

Angelique Vassiliou Chocolate was nice.
4 hours ago via mobile · Like

Neil Blaikie am not denying that the admin and all the mods are getting several reports a day from members, they have to be taken seriously and it was the old admin who banned him. I am not stirring the pot here but we have to take into account the members in general when we get reports and deal with them.
4 hours ago · Like

Reactions: Chesh and Sakura8

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Ah. Yeah . . . the kid whose parents won't let her do water changes . . . that's a whole different story. That's Little Leaf and she's kind of an interesting case. We're not sure what to make of her or if she's even telling the truth. But again, Teresa aka dramaqueen should know the whole history of Little Leaf because she was a moderator on the forum the entire time Little Leaf was active and she should be totally aware of all the problems we've had with her. There is no proof that Little Leaf really has multiple personalities and that is a diagnosis that is rarely made these days by credible professionals.

Neil Blaikie who posted last is our moderator Tazman so he also knows the whole story. I don't remember who first banned Choc but if he says it was Teresa then he is probably right.

Bottom line, Kim, we tried hard with Choc and we didn't ban him just because he had Asperger's. We would never do that and I hope I have convinced you that the forum would never discriminate against anyone with a disability like that. Are we cool now? Or do I have to resort to threats like, oh I dunno, I'll stop sending you free lives in Candy Crush until you say we're cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha yeah you can threat woman but who is on level 136 and who is stuck on level 123? lol haha try me woman but i know your address and i can send you "gifts" in the mail like we discussed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha i may send you a few gifts anyway like i sent you for the Secret Snowflake lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Romad is gonna come back to the thread like WTF lol

Reactions: Sakura8

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Pfft you noobs, I'm on 485! bwahaha

And I thought a secret snowflake is supposed to be... secret?

In all seriousness, I feel sad about Teresa. She was a very very nice person until recently... Maybe she is unhappy at being demodded by the admin, but that doesn't justify why she is spreading misleading comments about the forum on her facebook...
And then she blocks all of us from seeing any of these while leaving us as facbook "friends" because she knows we will refute any claims we deem false. I'm not sure whether to be hurt by this or not, but I do think it's silly.

Kim, I know DQ is a disabled lady who is in a foreign state away from all her friends, which is undoubtedly very hard on her right now, but what she doesn't see is that she has friends like you who are there to support her! I wish she wouldn't be so intent on seeing her own situation so bitterly, it's not good for her at all :(

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Kim I would also like to say I feel sad for Teresa too but I have personally spent many long hours with her in pm and on FB and Skype trying as both a friend and as a moderator to help her and clear up some of her issues by being just as nice to her as possible to no avail.

It really hurts me that the past was bought up by her in such a matter as to make the moderator team look bad when in fact they all felt terrible and were upset when Choc was banned after all the time they spend with him trying to help. I was not a moderator then but I understand how they felt as now I feel the same way about Teresa only she doesn't really have and excuse besides being bitter to the point of trying to hurt us now so maybe perhaps we can feel her pain. *sighs*

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Thanks, you two. You two have seen it all so you know what goes on here and on FB.

485. Daaaaang, Aokashi. I don't even want to know how many hours on the subway that adds up to.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Romad is gonna come back to the thread like WTF lol
Ha ha Kim :) No WTF. I didn't realize it was you at first but it became pretty clear very quickly who was on the other end of those comments.

Sigh..... I wish I could say I was surprised but sadly, I'm not. On the one hand I feel bad for Teresa because she's a pretty unhappy lady but on the other hand I'm like :frustrated: :frustrated:

Thanks for taking the time to understand what really happened with Choc. We could fill pages and pages of the forum with the posts and PMs back and forth with him in our attempts to try to keep him active here without driving away a whole bunch of members :cry:

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Hi Kim! I used to be Jakiebabie and I have to say that when Admin made the final decision I cried too! It took me about 3 days before I came back on the forums I was so upset. Some of us Mods were practically holding his hand on every post getting pre-approval for stuff and others thought he was a Troll. It caused an awful mess.
The minute he posted on his own the Alert messages would come in. After discussion with his mother, Admin made the final decision on his own.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts