Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, don't really post here much but I need some help. I just had a 29g tall tank with the Eclipse III hood come avail. (wife ditched the turtles) and I don't know what kinda tank to do.

I don't think I want a SW tank since I'm already working on a 5.5g and 12g reef tank. I already have a 120g oscar tank and a 30g long that is probably going to be a lightly planted community tank. I Want to use the stock lights and filter so it can't be anything too fancy (planted or SW).

So here it is. What do YOU think I should do with the 29tall??? FW puffer tank? Another community tank? Brackish tank? What? I like different things, I hate goldfish and the lower maint. the better.

Chime in with what you think.

Adios

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Another community.:mrgreen: Diamond tetras, lemon tetras, red phantom tetras, cardinal tetras, cories, otos, pitbull plecs, hatchetfish, pencilfish and many more.:love:

Brackish: Probably only a figure 8 puffer or Etroplus.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost bought 2 GSPs today for a brackish tank but they looked bad (ich?) so we passed. I hate not knowing what to do. Another community? Really?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
well first of all dont make the 5.5 gallon a reef. Make the 5.5 a male guppy tank or betta tank and make this 29 gallon tank a brackish water puffer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something wrong with my 5.5g reef tank?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
too small, they should be at 10 gallons minimum, thats all, if you have a betta, community, agressive chichlids, reef, brackish, then you have the lot :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too small, nah, I've seen 5.5, 3g, 2.5g, 1.5g, 1g, .75g and .5g "reef" tanks. Just depends on what you want to keep.

Thanks for the advice though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts