Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been noticing this for a week or two. Every night around 9pm pacific time, there's a database error, and I can't do anything on the site. Tonight, since 9, it's had an error several times. Just wondering if this is being worked on?

thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Yeah, we're aware of it and yeah, it's annoying us too. -_____- We're looking into it and hopefully it's something we can resolve soon. Or I might smash something.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it's something to do with the changing of servers or something when the new admin took over? Idk much about this stuff but that's about when I started noticing things

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
"In a nuteshell Neil, our servers are experiencing outages at certain times lately... our tech team is trying to figure it out"

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
In a past life, I used to be a Lotus Notes/Domino Developer/Administrator. Lotus Notes/Domino is a groupware client/server document database system with HTTP task capability. There are a number of things that routinely happen in the background of servers usually in the wee hours when there are fewer users. Among other things, databases are compacted and re-indexed. Sometimes there are full virus scans...
As an example, at times, some memory or on disk data corruption or other disk error can cause the server task to crash and subsequently cause the server to crash and require restarting. The root cause of these can often be very challenging to uncover and resolve.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Would it be safe to say that taking on our very complex, creative, uniquely built site may have caused a glitch in their systems?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Would it be safe to say that taking on our very complex, creative, uniquely built site may have caused a glitch in their systems?
Unlikely since there are several other forums having similar issues. Besides, the usual suspects are data issues. The 'good' thing is that it seems to be happening every night at a specific time which should help isolate the failing task(s) assuming the logging is detailed enough.

Reactions: SeaHorse

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So this same thing happened again tonight, another Sunday. Multiple database errors starting around 9:30 pacific time. Just wanted to add this note in case keeping track helps :)

eta: INCLUDING the 9:02-9:05 error.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I have been getting the data base error too off and on at different times but as soon as I reload the page everything is fine.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just like last Sunday Ao!!! Patterns.

Sheila it always takes like...a few minutes for it to go back to normal for me
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hi djembekah, well thats not good at all. I thought something was wrong with my computer the first few times it happened because I had never seen that error message before. I hope they will get whatever is causing it fixed soon.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
noticing there are still several database errors between 9 and 10pm on sundays, pacific time.

idk if this helps at all but i'm trying :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
double post, but i wanted to add-

for a few minutes after the last database error tonight, my sig reverted back to what it was at least a week ago, if not two. it's back to what i changed it to today, but it could be something else that matters, idk

lol jk not a double post. thanks Ao ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts