Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 zebra danios in a 20 gallon high aquarium. Would swordtails fit with danios or are they incompatable?

·
Registered
115 Posts
theres only one thing i can say for this...

HELL YAAAAAAA :) swords and danios are awsome together, just ask the sword guy :)P me im refuring to :D)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks, when im done cycling thats what im gonna get lol, how big do male swordtails get? im planning on one male and one female sword tail. I dont want my tank to be overcrowded

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
musho3210 said:
k thanks, when im done cycling thats what im gonna get lol, how big do male swordtails get? im planning on one male and one female sword tail. I dont want my tank to be overcrowded
Swords can reach 6 inches. I would suggest keeping all livebearers with this sex ratio 1 male: 2-3 females.
Males do not care whether the females are stressed from being chased around or not.

·
Registered
115 Posts
my swords are 3 inchs sooooo....

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Soooo... that means they're not fully grown yet.
In a small tank, watch the water quality if you mix male/female, as they breed A LOT!!! It's easy for a small tank to become over populated quickly, which will effect water quality just as quickly.

For this being only a 20 gallon might I suggest either 1 male alone or 2 males with lots of decorations? This would avoid breeding, and help you to keep population and sizes in check with the size of the tank. 2 male swordtails can live fine together so long as they have decorations to use to get away from each other when needed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
bettababy said:
yep they arnt full grown.

·
Registered
115 Posts
KishFeeper said:
bettababy said:
yep they arnt full grown.
i was saying it as a example i knew they wernt full grown ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts