Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will cytherea repens grow in my low light tank? i got 2 48in t8s 6500k on my 55 gallon. also wantwed to be the first to post :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
Never heard of it. Do you mean Ludwigia repens?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought thats what it was called. its a short green plant. i dont have a picture right this moment sorry. its somethin repens. i got in in the gel packs at petsmart.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The staurogyne repens need bright to very bright light, T5's. The Anubius Nana can go grow in low to moderate light.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the anubius but not that one. my repens seems o be doing alright its green and stuff. so it needs high light?
it hasnt turned brown or anything yet. ive had it for bout 3 weeks now

·
Registered
131 Posts
if you are using low to moderate lighting any kind of carpeting will not take the way you might want it to. I might just grow stunted. I use low to moderate lighting and I am trying to grow red ludwigia repens and it is not red just green, long and spars. I have tried dwarf hair grass, but it only lasted 2 months then died off, never to come back again. A real bummer. I use T8's and the repens grow but not the way or the color one might want.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have the anubius but not that one. my repens seems o be doing alright its green and stuff. so it needs high light?
it hasnt turned brown or anything yet. ive had it for bout 3 weeks now
The two pictures show what I am trying to tell you. The first picture is ludwigia repens at their full potential, the other is the same plant with low to moderate light.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you are using low to moderate lighting any kind of carpeting will not take the way you might want it to. I might just grow stunted. I use low to moderate lighting and I am trying to grow red ludwigia repens and it is not red just green, long and spars. I have tried dwarf hair grass, but it only lasted 2 months then died off, never to come back again. A real bummer. I use T8's and the repens grow but not the way or the color one might want.

my red ludwigia lost all its leaves and is starting to grow green ones :/ yup just like that!
yeah i wanted it to be a carpet in the middle of my tank. maybe ill replace it with some drift wood or something

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
You could try pygmy chain sword in the middle. Through not sure if you like it or not but it stays low and will work in low lighting.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i might have that actually. is it this stuff? in the corner? i know its not corkscrew val i know that but looks similar.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
i might have that actually. is it this stuff? in the corner? i know its not corkscrew val i know that but looks similar.
Are you talking about the plant in the front right corner or the back? Neither are the plant I was talking about. I stink at plant Id through so can't really tell what the plant in the back is. There are some ppl on here that are good at that stuff sorry just not me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think so? i donno i got them in a bunch for a local shop an they said it was a type of sword.
its a mystery but they are sweet plants

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Well it could be helanthium bolivianum 'vesuvius' a type of chain sword. Pygmy Chain sword won't get that big nor look like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
it looks like you have starting from left corner looks to be jungle valis, in front of that looks like water wisteria or creeping jenny, middle plant an anubias, both front plants Cryptocoryne wendtii, twisted valis in the right corner, and water lettuce floating. Am I right?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The corkscrewed plant in the back corner is Echinodorus Angustifolia 'Vesuvius' I believe.
No the E. Angustifolia has long thin leaves and may resemble Vallisneria or Sagittoria. I think it is corkscrew Vallisneria.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts