Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 cyclids, one of which is very aggressive to it's fellow species. It has now taken to digging out the gravel round the base of the plants and the bogwood. I assume this is a mating routine.

How long does this last and what can I do to ensure other fish in my tank are not getting distressed?

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 3 cyclids, one of which is very aggressive to it's fellow species. It has now taken to digging out the gravel round the base of the plants and the bogwood. I assume this is a mating routine.

How long does this last and what can I do to ensure other fish in my tank are not getting distressed?

TIA View attachment 843858

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi JD73; Read your postand am wondering if u can tell what other fish share the tank with you one pictured? What is the species or common name of the one u have pictured? How big is your tank? and how long have they shared their living quarters? Can't seem to get this system to go back and add any space or corrections, must be the muddy saltwater between here and your location. My experience is that most cichlids will do the gravel digging until a suitable breeding partner if found and accepted.. Some of course prefer other spots to deposit eggs on..
It is approaching bedtime onthis side of the pond so will sign off now. Give a shout when the urge strikes, always glad to talk about fishkeeping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts